Monday 1 April 2013

Type



Charlie and Lola is a very popular current children's book. I really like the use of type that Lauren child uses. The use of italics and bold fonts give emphasis to the story and help the reader to give it emotion. I like the typewriter like font as well, it's quite a simple idea but an effective one.

I looked at many other children's books but most of them just had as normal font that was gridded in straight lines across the pages. I don't think that I want something ordinary because I quite like when the font is designed to compliment the images. Because all my drawings are hand rendered I decided to create a font out of my handwriting. I did this online by filling out a grid with each letter, scanning it in and paying for the right to use it. I am really pleased with how this turned out and will be using it as the font for my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment